Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Crackers at 11PM

So I finally baked the first batch of graham crackers that I intended to do last Friday. I soaked the flour in yogurt Thursday night, then refrigerated it over the weekend (once I figured out they just weren't going to get done Friday). Then today it was starting to cool off ever so slightly so I figured I might as well mix up the rest of the dough in the food processor. So I mixed it all up then stuck it back in the fridge to make it easier to roll out. Then at around 7:30, when supper cleanup was done, I rolled and cut the dough. But then the kids started to get very tired, so I covered it with a towel and transferred it to cookie sheets after they were sleeping.
Here's the recipe:

Graham Crackers
3.5 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup yogurt
1/2 cup sucanat
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Soak flour in yogurt at least 6 hours. Then add rest of ingredients (using a food processor). Roll to 1/8" thick, cut into 2" squares, and prick crackers with a fork. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home