Saturday, July 28, 2007

Pics of the new projects

Okay, here's the new circle skirt I made for Katja. I actually had this cut out with the intention of giving it to her in January for her birthday, but other things took priority, my craft/sewing room became a bit of a sorting/dumping ground for the rest of the house and it's only in the past couple of weeks that I've cleaned it out and been getting in there again. I'm really pleased with how the skirt turned out. I couldn't get a shot of it all twirled out, and she was starting to get dizzy LOL, so this is about as good as I could do.




Note the facial expression in the second pose. I'm raising a real actress here.

Next up, the summer dresses I made for the girls, using the Jayme dress pattern at http://www.sewingmamas.com It's the first time I've used the pattern, so I made the shoulder straps a bit too long - I've taken them up, but don't have a picture of the girls in their much-better-fitting adjusted dresses, so this will have to do for now.

Last but not least, Niesha is in desperate need for new diapers, so I decided to do a "prototype" before sewing a whole lot of them. This is what I came up with. I used the large size Quick Snap cover pattern from here: http://www.newconceptions.com/diapercovers.htm as a template, and turned it into an all-in-one. I used a cotton fleece for the inner layer, with two layers as the inner soaker, and then added a sewn-in outer soaker, which attaches at the back with snaps. The outer soaker is a pocket soaker (ala Kushies), so if I want to increase absorbency, I can. The diaper turned out to be slightly too wide for Niesha, so the next one I make will have smaller tabs. The reason I made it this way is I want something she can use more like a pull-up (which is why I didn't want anything loose in the diaper, hence the snaps to hold down the inner soaker), but which opens at the sides for the very occasional poop accident we still have (she's a part-time EC toddler).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home