Friday, September 01, 2006

YAY! Pumpkins and soaps are DONE!

I finished the soaps and pumpkins for the fall swap and I'm soooo pleased with the way they turned out!
Here's what it looked like before felting, on a 13" pizza stone. The pattern was based on the one from Knitty, but I wound up doing a different stem, and the pumpkin itself was done in the round.






Showing one felted and blocked pumkin, one dyed, unfelted and one undyed and unfelted.







The finished 5 pumpkins beside a 30cm (12") ruler.








The felted soaps. That was an interesting project. My hands were unbelievably soft when I was done lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

I looooove the pumpkins! I thought you had dyed the yarn first, but you didn't? How did you achieve that lovely mottled/variegated look?

5:42 AM  
Blogger HerthElde said...

I dyed one or two of them after knitting, and the rest of the yarn before knitting. I wasn't aiming for a uniform look, so I just let the yarn/pumkin soak in the pot until they were a satisfactory color.
Also, I felted them all after they were dyed, and I think that going through such hot water removed some of the dye :)

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home