Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Researching a stroller

I have a confession to make. I used to roll my eyes at women who would spend their pregnancies researching the "necessary" baby gear and not bothering to look at the research on things like breastfeeding, birth interventions, neurological development of babies/children, etc, etc.
Well, 3 kids and 4.5 years later, I find myself shifting my research from breastfeeding, birth, neurological development, attachment and discipline to . . . strollers. You see, for the most part my 4.5 yo will walk somewhere. But my 2.5 yo often won't. And when the 4.5 yo sees the 2.5 yo in a stroller . . . well, why should she have to walk? *sigh* So I need something for 2 kids (thank goodness I have a multitude of carriers for the baby!). Something that will hold a 30-something pound 4yo and a 20-something pound 2yo. Something I can push through snow. Not too wide, it has to be sidewalk friendly. Ability to go on trails would be nice too. I'm looking at a jogger, maybe a Phil & Ted's. I don't plan to take up jogging, mind you, but I really do like to walk. It's just been nearly impossible to do so frequently with all three kids up to this point.
So, there you have it. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home