Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Random Acts of Knitting

Last night in the car on the way home I began knitting a new project. I don't know what it will be or who it will be for, but I had no plain knitting projects in the car and I needed something I could do in the dark. So I cast on a random number of stitches (turned out to be 81) with Estelle Silk on US Size 11 needles and started knitting. We'll see what happens.
Dh's socks are closer to being done. In 1 to 1.5" I will be done the ribbing and be able to switch to stocking stitch. From there on out, it'll be quick to do.
I finished Niesha's headband and decided to crochet her some bootees for the wedding. They all looked great on her.
All other projects are still incomplete, plus I've started some socks in Alpaca on Size 1's for Katja. They're toe-up, using a bell lace pattern, and I believe I'll do a short row heel.
Oh, I also made a shawl for the wedding. I made it triangular so that I could cast off whenever I ran out of time, which is exactly what I did. I plan to add on to it though.

Friday, September 01, 2006

YAY! Pumpkins and soaps are DONE!

I finished the soaps and pumpkins for the fall swap and I'm soooo pleased with the way they turned out!
Here's what it looked like before felting, on a 13" pizza stone. The pattern was based on the one from Knitty, but I wound up doing a different stem, and the pumpkin itself was done in the round.

Showing one felted and blocked pumkin, one dyed, unfelted and one undyed and unfelted.

The finished 5 pumpkins beside a 30cm (12") ruler.

The felted soaps. That was an interesting project. My hands were unbelievably soft when I was done lol.